Monday, May 18, 2009

Mondays with Etsy

Pottery is another love of mine. Actually, I guess you could say that I like anything you can make with your hands. Making something out of earth is an added bonus for me!


I found Emburr a few weeks ago in the Etsy forums. I just LOVE her things! Ms. Monika has some cute pins made out of clay tiles- walruses, frogs, sea turtles, etc... There are even some color pencil drawings, mostly showing nature. But, my favorites are the larger pottery items...


Teal Tree ceramic soap dish, $12


Set of Cream Colored Cups, $22


Trio of Fish candle holder in Teal, $30


Monkia has a Fine Arts Degree from Nova Scotia College of Art & Design, so she's accredited and has apparently devoted her life to art. Who can fault that?

Her "Bio" on Etsy states that "creating is what she does & who she is." That's refreshing to hear these days as more and more artists are creating solely for the purpose of gaining riches or fame. It's like a teacher stating that they teach so that they can help others grow & learn. Heart warming, isn't it?

Emburr's selection is currently limited, unlike many larger Etsy shops. I think that's a good thing. When artisans create for pleasure that's normally what you find, a limited selection, lovingly made. If you want cookie-cutter and huge stock - go to Walmart...

Hurry over and snatch something up before I buy all of the goodies! At prices like these, how can you resist?

Photographic rights belong to Emburr.

3 comments:

byapryl said...

I saw a tree and totally got excited. This shop is such a great find!

Jadielady said...

So unfair :P All those beautiful things!!

Thumperdd said...

Apryl -

Now I see why you were soooo excited! I love your trees, too. There is something so earthy & wholesome about a tree. Comforting, too. Maybe it's the size & stability that they represent...

Nice to meet you!

Danita