Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prayer Shawl Ministry update



As a group, we've been knitting and crocheting our hearts out since the beginning of the year. The results were on display this past Sunday, April 26th before the entire congregation for our very first mass blessing. What a wonderful way to included everyone in the spirit of the ministry!


To date we've completed the following to be dispensed to our shut-ins, sick, elderly or otherwise in need:


24 Shawls, 23 Scarves, 6 Lap Robes, 6 Afghans/Blankets, & 5 Hats



64 completed projects in 4 months! Wow! What an amazing group we have. However, realize that it's not only the hands of these ladies at work but, the hearts of the entire congregation. It takes every person in the church to make a ministry thrive.

3 comments:

WarPony said...

WOW!!! You guys really put your hearts AND hands into that pile of stuff! I am sure it will be a great blessing to those who receive the items!

BTW, I gave you an award on my blog. You aren't obligated to DO anything, just wanted to let you know!

http://phoenixdownfarm.blogspot.com/2009/04/kreativ-blogger-award.html

Thumperdd said...

Oh my goodness! An award! How wonderful. Thank you... What an honor, especially since I don't blog about many horses. As soon as I have a few minutes I'll be sure to pass it on.

AND I'm so happy that you didn't poke anyones eyes out!!!!! We'd all miss you if you were in jail... ;-)

Danita

Jadielady said...

What a beautiful display of love :) Awesome job keep it up!!!