Friday, February 13, 2009

Double Point Needle Knitting

Yes, I'm back on the double pointed needles. I will conquer!

What do you need them for?

Knitting in the round or circular knitting is needed for knitting socks, hats, or tubes of any sort. My sweet, little (not really - she'll be 18 in March) Angelly-pooh has requested a hat. This will be her birthday present and I'm trying so hard to figure this out in time to make her hat properly.

I ordered some circular needles (these have connection tubes) off of e-Bay from China about 3 weeks ago. Don't shoot me, but I got 16 sets of various sized needles for $18 including shipping. I couldn't pass that up, even with the environmental footprint concern. Needless to say I haven't received them yet. I'm not sure how long it takes to get things from China, but hopefully they'll arrive soon.

Since I'm sooooooo incredibly cheap and can't find reasonably priced circular needles around town, I splurged and bought some double pointed needles (those have points on both ends) for $1.25.

Either can be used for circular knitting, but I'm having serious issues with the double pointed needles. Granted this is my 1st attempt and I'm sure it will become easier, otherwise they would've stopped selling those things many moons ago.

As I said in an earlier post, these double point needles are getting the best of me. Since YouTube has had some great videos for knitting I thought I'd try there. This is the first one I found and pretty much details what happened to me except for the fact that she loses no stitches and I thought the needles were connected by yarn somehow. I'm not sure this is better...






Sniffle...sniffle...my wittle head hurtz....maybe I'll conquer this tomorrow...

No comments: