Thursday, February 19, 2009

My 1st Double Point Knitting Project!


Drum roll, please! The moment you've all been waiting for...the revealing of the now famous first double point needle project...Ta-da! Amazing! Astounding! How did she do it folks? (Hehehe...wouldn't it be funny if there truly was an announcer following us around all the time?)



Well, after three days of fussing and fidgeting with these needles, followed by 3 days of furious knitting in the round, I produced a teeny, tiny baby cap suitable for 0-3 months (I think). My finger tips are throbbing and sore from knitting so tightly and then performing "k2tog" (knit two stitches together) for 3 rounds on these super tight stitches.




I love the combination of the pink and variegated yarn. They're both a lightweight cotton and knitted so well together. The variegated yarn left a nice blue star on the crown of the cap!




For those mothers out there, I liken this to child birth. Immediately after birth you say, rather convincingly, that you'll never do that again. A few weeks later, once recuperated, you're thinking about how precious you're little one is and know that you'd do it again in a heartbeat. This is exactly where I'm at now. As a matter of fact, I've already been browsing new yarn selections for the next project.


Maybe I just like punishment!

6 comments:

WarPony said...

Wow! It looks pretty good to me! I'm SOOO not ready to try that yet. hehe.

Thumperdd said...

Thanks! I think it turned out ok. Trust me, this took the patience of Job to conquer...do it when you're well rested and have plenty of time to yourself!

Jadielady said...

YAAAAAAAAY Great job!!! Once you get used to it and loosen up a little you'll fall in love and then *dundundun* the sock madness will take over!

Thumperdd said...

Oh lord, Jadielady, not socks... Just one more thing to add to mylist of things to conquer!

WarPony said...

I lied, the more I thought about it the more I knew I had to try it. I dug quarters out of my change jar to buy some DPNs and started practicing, lol. I discovered that the only way to do this is to not think about it too much. The more I think about it the more I screw up.

I like it though.


A lot.

Thumperdd said...

Uh-huh! I knew it! I knew there was some reason you'd been so quiet!

It's ok. We'll forgive you...if you share pictures! I'm so happy that you're enjoying it.

I must confess. I have been planning 2 other DPN projects...I swear this stuff is addictive. I've even been dreaming of patterns! Next time I'll try your tip - no deep concentration.