Sunday, February 22, 2009

True knitting dedication...

I've met some nice people through Ravelry. For those of you that don't know - Ravelry is this wonderful knitting, crocheting, and notions type of community. It's fairly new and I LOVE it. I can keep track of all of my yarn stash, needles on hand, projects and much more. Plus, you can socialize and compare notes with hundreds of other like minded people.

One of those people is moonfire . I finally found her blog today and viewed one of her recent blog posts. Folks, this lady is dedicated to her knitting. Seeing is believing so be sure to visit this link.

Oh, and check out her more recent post about her knitting projects. I especially like the pumpkins!

6 comments:

Jadielady said...

Don't tell my mom, but I've been considering a knitting-related tattoo ;) (I already have ink)

Thumperdd said...

OOOOOOOO! Hey, you could get one around your belly button that looks like it's on double point needles...hehehe...that would be cool.

There's even a bible verse that could go along with it - You knit me together in my mother's womb, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made - and what mom can argue with a biblical connection???

I have ink, too, but haven't thought to add anything else. Mine are both over 10 years old now. Ouch, I think I hear old age creeping in the back door...

WarPony said...

Hey! I KNOW her!!! We've been friends on globalfamilyroom.com for ages! It is partially her fault I started knitting! I thought "anything that is so awesome that a person gets a tattoo of a yarn ball and knitting needles has to be something I learn to do!!!"

She is an absolute sweetie, for real!

Thumperdd said...

Oh my gosh! It IS a small world isn't it? You wouldn't think that you would get to know people that well over the net, but you do don't you?

Amazing things, these computers!

moonfire photography said...

WarPony just told me that you mentioned me on here! I am honored! Thank you! xoxoxo

Thumperdd said...

I'm so glad that you don't mind! I love the tattoo. Thanks for sharing the photo on your blog. I thought others would also enjoy seeing how dedicated you are to knitting...

When WarPony said she knew you by the tattoo I was amazed at what a small world it is, even on the web!