Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The green monster rears it's ugly little head...

Oh...I have a terrible case of yarn and knitting envy. I found this blog, Jadielady, through a lovely lady on Ravelry. It's her daughters' blog and I did enjoy it, but I now have the worst case of yarn and knitting envy ever!

Last night, I tried my hand at knitting in the round with double pointed needles. I fought with the yarn near the corners, missed a few loops - perhaps due to the fuzzy yarn I was using, and struggled to keep all of my loops from falling off the end. Surely, I must have done something wrong. It can't possibly be that difficult and people still choose to do it! Well, I frogged that project after almost cussing (several times.)

Then, darn it, today I see this lady's version of a prayer shawl started on double point needles. AND I love the yarn she's using, not to mention all of the other yarn she has pictured...sniffle, sniffle...I think I'll crawl away and lick my wounds...

2 comments:

Jadielady said...

*hugs* Knitting on DPNs is just like learning to knit from the beginning. It just takes practice and you'll get it :) If your loops are falling off then you may be a loose knitter. I knit VERY tight (which mom fusses at me for) but it actually really helps when you're working on double pointed needles.

Thumperdd said...

sniffle..sniffle...thanks for the hug!

I'll give the tighter knitting a go and see if that helps. So far you're just a better woman than me...BUT I'm not giving up, yet!