Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Hubby's Christmas scarf



So, after several complaints from me on how badly the stockinette rolls and 3 attempts at a proper scarf for my husband, this is what we arrived at...

I decided to go with the roll effect and utilize it. I ribbed the scarf by alternating knit and purl from side to side. You knit the purls and purl the knits on each rotation. I love the effect and it gives him some extra warmth due to the propensity of the ribs to remain closed.


I wish that it was wider than this, but I had no more of the blue yarn and can't remember the manufacturer information since it's been so long since I made the first scarf. Hubby seems ok with it, but wasn't so excited as the first scarf. He has yet to wear it and I finished it 2 weeks ago.
Oh well, I tried!

No comments: