Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Free Knitting Patterns!

I may have mentioned before that I LOVE free things! I don't care if you call me cheap. It's true and I don't try to fluff it up with big words like frugal or conservative. Cheap is fine. It works for me!

I wanted to share some free knitting patterns that I've run across recently as I know patterns can get expensive. Then again, sometimes we get into ruts and just need some inspiration. I hope you find something in here that tickles your "I've got to try this" bone!

How Stuff Works has some cute and simple designs picked for beginners.

About.com gives tons of basic examples from beginner to expert.

Yarn Market offers several unusual designs including a bolero jacket and those flip flops with fur.

Knitting Warehouse.com has links to some major manufacturer's of yarn and crochet materials.

Knitting Daily provides multiple pages of patterns, blogs, forums and how-to information.

If you're interested in finding knitters in your area or connecting on-line try Ravelry. I recently joined and love it. They have personalized pages for you to maintain your needle and yarn inventory, photos and notes on your projects, books in your library, and much more. It's also a fantastic resource for hints and ideas. Currently, Ravelry has a small waiting list but they can usually get you up and running within a few days!

If you join Ravelry be sure and look for me there under Thumperdd.

No comments: