Sunday, January 4, 2009

Some other finished projects...

This is a scarf I knitted for my husband for Christmas. It's Dallas Cowboy colored. Uhhhh...he doesn't really like the Cowboys, it was extra yarn from the Panthers scarves and my sons scarf. (Parents normally get the leftovers....he'll be okay.)

It's the second scarf I've knitted with the Stockinette pattern. It's a sport weight yarn (or 3) and as I was knitting the darn thing curled as I knitted. I'm not sure what happened here but it has issues.

This photo is of the same scarf after ironing on low heat, as the fabric calls for. Shortly after this photo it re-curled. HELP! If anyone out there knows how to remedy this...I'm begging, PLEASE HELP!




The next project is something I made for myself. It was my 6th project. My hubby bought me this yarn for my birthday. I couldn't decide what to do with it. It's purple and lusciously soft. It's the best yarn I've ever run my hands over.

The yarn is called Angel Hair and is part of the Sensations line at Joann Fabric Stores (and it's exclusive!) It's an acrylic, wool blend but you wouldn't know it to touch it. It has the nicest, silky texture. It's heavenly!

I'm notoriously cold (low iron) and I thought at first to turn it into a throw for home use, but after several other projects I finally decided that I would make a poncho. That way I could wear it and enjoy it even more, plus I could still use it at home if I'm chilled!

Anyway, I worked it in garter stitch. It's two rectangular pieces. Each piece is 3 skeins of yarn and I knitted it on my US 10 needles. After completing both sections, I stitched them together on the bias leaving the top corner unsewn. This gives it a chic, modern look as the unsewn portion flaps down over the body at an angle. (I couldn't get the flap to show up well in the photo.)

For a closer look at this yarn you can take a gander at the purple ball in my blog heading - that'd be it! (Along with the remnants of the Panther Blue, Moss Green for my babies scarf, etc...)

1 comment:

Mrs. U said...

OH MY!! The scarf and the poncho are gorgeous!! You really are very talented! And from what I can tell, all of your stitches are so even!! HOW WONDERFUL!

His,
Mrs. U