Monday, January 19, 2009

On the sticks...

I thought to share some of the things that I'm working on right now.

I've had a request for a poncho similar to the one I made for myself, but in a different color. This one is a bubble gum pink and will have the same lines as my purple poncho. It's an inverse "A" line with a drop neckline that is slightly offset. This is done entirely in the standard knit stitch. Hopefully the pictures for this one will turn out a little better than the purple. It's so hard to see the definition lines.

This week will also include unraveling my hubby's Christmas scarf and reworking the stockinette stitching. I think I'll add a border to it this time to keep it from rolling. Can't wait to see how it turns out! If I don't get cracking on it winter will be over before he gets to use it...

I'll leave you with one of the first bible scriptures that I ever learned. I hope you find a small bit of inspiration here:

Psalm 139; 11-14
If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.



Hope you all are well and having a fantastic New Year!

No comments: